I ate meat under duress as a child, so as soon as I was allowed to do my thing I stopped eating it.
I did however develop a taste for some some meat dishes in this time which I have very easily recreated with Quorn. Quorn is not vegn as it contains egg.
So if you are a meat eater and want to eat less meat but can’t give up the sensory experience or are a vegetarian who eats egg like me then give it a try.
It is a super fast dish that is yummy main or side dish.
Ingredients (to serve 4-6 people)
- I x 300g bag of Quorn chunks refrigerated or frozen
- 3tbsp Light olive oil or Ghee-(clarified butter)
- 2 tsp Cumin/ Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Oragano seeds/ Ajowan seeds (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped or crushed
- 1/2-1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1-2 tsp Garam masala –
- 1 tsp salt
- Hand full of fresh chopped coriander
- Add your oil/ghee, set the pan at a medium heat add your cumin seeds and ajowan seeds, when they begin to crackle add your quorn chunks.
- Cook this till the quorn chunks go light brown and then add your garlic and continue stirring frequently.
- Once the garlic starts to colour add your dry spices and stir, cover and cook for as long as it takes the quorn to heat right the way through.
- Last stage is to add your coriander and serve with rice or roti and enjoy!