This meal was cooked in a phone call (a short on for me!), less than 20mins from prep to completion.
I normally cook fine green beans with potatoes (the traditional way) it is very yummy this way and would recommend you trying it. However, as I had run out of potatoes so I substituted Quorn chunks you could have also quite easily used paneer (indian cheese) too.
So here is how I did it…
Ingredients for serving 3-4
- Add your oil, set the pan at a slow heat. Add your cumin seeds and ajowan, when they begin to crackle add your onion.
- Cook the onion till it is soft and then add your ginger and chilli, stirring frequently.
- Continue to cook this till the ginger is brown too, if the ginger starts to stick to the pan just add a couple of tea spoons of water and stir until it comes free.
- Once the mix is caramel coloured, add your quorn chunks as it starts to colour add your beans and then follow with the dry spices lowering the heat as you do so.
- Cook for a few minutes and then add your tomato purée and half a cup of water.
- Cover and cook on a medium heat for 5mins and then turn down to a lower heat for about 10mins or until the beans are cooked. This can be reheated with no loss in quality.
- Add the chopped coriander and serve as a main or side dish with roti, naan, or rice of your choice. We having it with paranta (fried breads) and yoghurt tonight.