Ingredients for 2-3 people
3tbsp olive oil/ groundnut oil
500g carrots chopped
100g Potato chopped
1 onion chopped
1 clove garlic chopped
1tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
1tsp coriander powder
1tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp salt
1tbsp fresh coriander or parsely
Enough vegetable stock to cover the vegetables
- Heat pan and add cumin to the oil, just as they start crackling, add onion, garlic and chili and sweat on a low heat for 5mins.
- Add carrots stir and sauté for 5 mins
- Add potato cook for a further 5mins
- Add turmeric, salt, coriander stir for 1min
- Add stock and cook for 20min or until all veg are soft
- Take hand blender and blitz till it is smooth, you may need to add a little more boiled water if the soup is too thick.
- Add fresh herbs, serve and enjoy!